Sunday 21 March 2010

Estupidez De Domingo

Earlier today, if asked, I would have said my favourite song/album title of the moment was Wizards 'n' Shit by Big Swifty*. Then I downloaded this...

Now that is what I fucking call an album title.

It's by mid-90s Japanese maniacs Coa, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone into Lightning Bolt, Melt Banana, Altered States, Naked City, Ruins, early Boredoms or who has a severe case of Attention Deficit Disorder.

*Aka Shri Swifty & The Mandali Of Mantra, whose sole album Canals Of The Atlantean Plain is one of the great unacknowledged masterpieces of tonefloating kosmische blug**, criminally ignored by everyone, possibly because they were from Florida, possibly because they had such a fantastically stupid name. If you like electric-era Pelt, or Tony Conrad, or wibbling French and German freaks, or Taj Mahal Travellers then I suggest you go here and download the fucker.

Also, if anyone has a copy of Big Swifty's album Akroasis for sale or download or is willing to burn me copy, I would be eternally grateful...

**Blug: Similar to mung, only with more drooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment