Wednesday 22 August 2012

Para Mi Tranquilidad

Weird week. Good one tho. I finally have a chance to rest my screaming nerves, and not just for a day or two. Stressed is not a strong enough word to describe how I've felt for the last year or so. But no fucking more of that shit*. Suffice to say I have some breathing space. So now I can actually make all the music I've been meaning to for the last fucking couple of years, I can study without my brain doing fucking star jumps over *redacted* shit. I can walk for fucking miles and miles when I fucking want to, and not walk miles and miles when my nerves are screaming for fuck's sake stop. Christ, I might even get a decent fucking night's sleep without the aid of temazepam or one of it's amusing relatives, or experiencing completely fucking batshit mental nightmares**. Oh fuck, the joy.

So yeah, I'm in an unqualified good mood, and frankly, I think I fucking deserve it. So I can once again rant unfettered whilst drinking red wine§ at three in the morning after banging my brain against the more fiendish end of differential topology should I so wish, safe in the knowledge I can skip Monday and come up smiling on Tuesday. Can you tell I needed a break?

Anyway, more soon, here's some stupid music from the 70s:



Yeah, UFO were good once. Mick Bolton plays the same guitar solo on at least four songs on this one album, beating Tony Iommi's previous record§§. For some perverse reason, this appeals to me immensely.

*Don't ask, can't say. Let's just say that something has happened which couldn't have happened at a better fucking time.

**The 3-part*** utterly relentless apocalyptic zombie gorefest featuring almost everyone I know and a Mwandishi-era Herbie Hancock. Remind me to tell you about it one day when I'm less traumatized. I'm not fucking kidding, if I'd have been watching this on video it would have been fucking awesome, but it was in my brain and it was downright fucking terrifying.

***Seriously, a trilogy in a night, unless I dreamt I was awake in the bits between the bits. Sorry for the accidental Ozrics reference there.

§Why didn't I fucking know about Amarone della Valpolicella before? Fucking nectar.

§§Check Black Sabbath (the song) and War Pigs if you don't know what I'm on about.

No comments:

Post a Comment