Saturday 15 January 2011

Prensil Dedos (Del Pie)

Thursday night fucking ruled. I can't believe I've waited this long to start playing solo gigs, but I'm extremely fucking glad I have. I don't think I've ever known the time on stage to pass so fucking quickly, forty or so minutes felt more like five, and I could easily have carried on*. But enough about me (for a bit anyway), because I'd like to say a very big thankyou to Joe for asking me to play, and putting on such a fucking excellent night**, to Jade for the fantastic visuals which just nailed the atmosphere I wanted to create and inspired me to go way further out than I expected, to Mirna for the fastest soundcheck ever, the brilliant sound and for not batting an eyelid even though my amp volume had quadrupled by the end of the set***, and to all the Brighton/Hove contingent (you know who you are, you lovely people) who turned up despite the foul weather. Haxan Cloak played a blinder, and the film (I Can See You) was fucking amazing, but I'll write more about them next time when I'm a bit less frazzled. In the meantime, here's some rather good photos of The Larsen Effect in full flow§, and I apologise in advance to anyone who feels vaguely nauseous at the sight of my prehensile toes in the bottom picture...





*Then I could have played two tracks...

**I'll treasure the sound of almost the entire venue muttering "it's only a movie..., it's only a movie..." for a long time to come. Fellow gorehounds will know exactly what I'm referring to here. For those who chose not to spend their time watching lurid 70s/80s trash, an explanation will be forthcoming later...

***This is not an uncommon occurrence. I like it loud, but I love it louder.

§Cheers Sarah!

8 comments:

  1. If it sounded as good as it looks it must have been a success.

    Put some shoes on Hippie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't be doing with shoes onstage, 'cos then I wouldn't be able to use my gibbon toes to play the pedals without taking my hands off the guitar.

    Plus, I have such lovely feet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're a long-lost member of my four-handed tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent. I knew there had to be others like me out there somewhere. They were afeared of our extra manipulatory skills and scattered the tribe to the four winds. Now where are the other four-handed women...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably easiest to look for the men with the large and slightly baffled smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a plan. Although I often look like that anyway for very different reasons...

    ReplyDelete